Career Development Plans for
Enroll in a program that accelerates your career!
A role for driving business value with data
Business Intelligence (BI) is a technology-driven process for analysing data and presenting actionable information to help corporate executives, managers and other end users make more informed business decisions. Data Analyst is often the first step into the vast world of business analytics community. Delegates begin their careers by helping businesses answer the most fundamental question of descriptive quantification of their performance – How am I doing?.
Data Analysts analyse data in order to track business performance, measure impact of business decisions to guide future decisions. They extract and query data from internal and external sources, using a range of BI tools such as Excel, SQL, Power BI and so on. More importantly, they transform data into valuable insights and make commercially profitable recommendations that drive business value. They support domain business heads to make mission-critical business decisions.
The major responsibilities of this role include:
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manipulate, analyze and interpret complex data sets relating to the employer’s business
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using BI reporting tools
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations
- Provide sector and competitor benchmarking
- Mine and analyze large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them to management using a reporting tool.
Some examples of job titles in this career path include:
- Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Management Information Analyst
Exciting facts about this role
Increase in demand for data and analytics professionals over the past 5 years
of these roles are very hard to fill
with a median of £65K
For professionals with 2 to 5+ years' experience
Our Curated Programmes for
The perks of becoming a
Numerous job opportunities
A wide range of roles across all industry sectors
Fantastic opportunities of progression to data scientist, AI specialist, and more
Job security since your skills are in demand
Career fulfilment since your work influences the strategic direction and performance of your company
Our End-to-End Career Development
Plans Benefit You With
Gain real-world skills and best practices
Our job-focused courses and quality curriculum is designed and taught by industry experts and highly experienced professionals, not academics, so you learn the high-impact skills that top companies want.
Indispensable experience and business acumen
Undertake real-world projects and work on the most popular problems faced by businesses across industry sectors. Learn by doing leads to real skills mastery and business acumen competency.
Maximise job opportunities and salary negotiation
Market yourself effectively thanks to our bespoke CV surgery. Perfect your interview and communication skills through our recruitment prep. Boost your credibility with the new employer thanks to our reference on your project work experience.
Amazing jobs and career progression. Success proven.
98%+ of delegates got fantastic jobs or progressed their career upon completion of their programmes. Invest in your career with the confidence that you will get an attractive job at the end.